24. He put before them another parable: "The
kingdom of heaven may be compared to someone who sowed good seed
in his field;
25. but while everybody was asleep, an enemy came and sowed weeds among
the wheat, and then went away.
26. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared
27. And the slaves of the householder came and said to him, 'Master,
did you not sow good seed in your field? Where, then, did these weeds
28. He answered, 'An enemy has done this.' The slaves said to him,
'Then do you want us to go and gather them?'
29. But he replied, 'No; for in gathering the weeds you would uproot
the wheat along with them.
30. Let both of them grow together until the harvest; and at harvest
time I will tell the reapers, Collect the weeds first and bind them
in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.'"
THE INTERPRETATION OF THE PARABLE: MATT 13:36-50
36. Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples
approached him, saying, "Explain to us the parable of the weeds
of the field."
37. He answered, "The one who sows the good seed is the Son
38. the field is the world, and the good seed are the children of
the kingdom; the weeds are the children of the evil one,
39. and the enemy who sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the
end of the age, and the reapers are angels.
40. Just as the weeds are collected and burned up with fire, so will
it be at the end of the age.
41. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will collect out
of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers,
42. and they will throw them into the furnace of fire, where there
will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of
their Father. Let anyone with ears listen!
44. "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field,
which someone found and hid; then in his joy he goes and sells all
that he has and buys that field.
45. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search
of fine pearls;
46. on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that
he had and bought it.
47. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a net that was thrown
into the sea and caught fish of every kind;
48. when it was full, they drew it ashore, sat down, and put the
good into baskets but threw out the bad.
49. So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come out
and separate the evil from the righteous
50. and throw them into the furnace of fire, where there will be
weeping and gnashing of teeth.
57.1 "The kingdom of the Father is like a man who had
57.2 His enemy came by night. He sowed darnel among the good
57.3 The man did not allow (the servants) to pull up the darnel.
He said to them: 'Lest you go to pull up the darnel (and then)
pull up the wheat along with it.
57.4 For on the day of the harvest the darnel will be apparent
and it will be pulled up (and) burned.'"